Solaris radio is committed to respecting and protecting your data whilst it is in our care. We may collect your personal information because it helps us to understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services now and in the future.
We have strict policies and procedures in place to protect your data when you send it to us, when we process it in order to provide you with the services you have requested or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you will find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers.
1. Data Protection Policy Collection of Information We collect personal information from you through your interaction via our websites, text services or other media such as giving your information to one of our roaming “street teams”.
This may occur when you participate in, or sign up to, any of Solaris radio’s services, such as competitions, research panels, or if you use any of our apps.
The information we collect will vary depending on the service you request but could include name, address, phone number, email address, username, password, age, gender, date of birth, household composition, comments, competition answers.
We may also ask for additional information depending on the nature of the service provided. We will not normally collect any sensitive personal information from you, and in any event, will
request your express consent to do so.
We do not aim to collect any personal information from individuals under the age of 16. Our Apps If you use any of our apps, we will collect the following information:
(i) your location – upon your first use you will be prompted for permission for us to use your location (which you may decline) in order to offer you relevant services (we cannot offer relevant services if you do not permit us to detect and use your location)
(ii) your device – if you access our services from a device such as a mobile telephone running an application, we will uniquely identify each instance of the application, but we will not be able to personally identify you from this information.
1. To provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our sites.
2. For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and have often they visit our websites.
3. We use organisation to collect anonymous user information so they can analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors.
4. We and our advertisers may use statistical cookies to track who has seen an advert and clicked on it.
5. To show you adverts that you may be interested in and to control the number of time you see them and measures the effectiveness of the ad campaign.
6. We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preference for your media player. If we do not use them, it may not be possible for you to watch some video content.
You can accept or decline cookies, but please be aware that for some parts of our sites to work, you will need to accept cookies. For more information please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and/or www.youronlinechoices.com.
Use of Information, We will use your personal information for several purposes including the following:
Provide, administer and communicate with you about our services and promotions (e.g. to enable you to log in to your account and/or enter competitions on one of our websites).
Create statistics, profiles and marketing opportunities, and analyse information to formulate opinions. To do these things, we might use information about you from other organisations. Help prevent fraud and loss.
Train our staff, get in touch with you about products, events, promotions and services that we or our 3rd party partners are offering. This could be by email, phone, text, or another form of electronic communication.
We will only do so if you have told us that you want to hear from us or our 3rd party partners If you call into one of our broadcasts and make rude or offensive remarks, we will keep a record to block further live calls from you.
We will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise pass on your personal information to others, including any personal information that we collect using cookies, except as described here or with your prior consent.
We may share personal information with service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf. Such third parties will be provided with personal information necessary to perform the services on our behalf but are not authorised to use such information for any other purposes.
They may share certain information with us (but not sensitive personal information or financial information) which we will only use for the reasons set out in this Policy.
Only where you have agreed to receive marketing communications from third parties, will we pass on your personal information for this purpose.
We may disclose your personal information when you enter a competition (for example to the competition sponsors or to provide winners with their prize).
We will always ask for your consent before we publish any material provided by you or information about you. We may carry out research or analysis, which uses your personal information, via our sites and share “pooled” responses to questions with our partner organisations.
We may also disclose personal information about you to comply with applicable laws and when requested to do so by law enforcement agencies or government bodies.
Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information. Use of Aggregate Information We may share anonymous aggregate statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our advertisers and other third parties.
- Lawful Basis Solaris radio collects and holds data under the following types of lawful basis: Legitimate interest Data collected on sales contacts, active and former clients, prospective and current employees is held on the basis on legitimate interest in the station and the services it provides. Consent Data collected from competitions, marketing and promotional exercises is held on the basis of consent, all data collected in this manner is done on a double opt-in basis, only used in accordance with data preferences submitted at the time and stored securely. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Retention Policy We will keep personal information only for as long as we need it to maintain our relationship with you, provide you with the products, services or information you requested, to inform our research into the preferences of our supporters, to comply with the law, and to ensure we do not communicate with individuals that asked us not to. When we no longer need the information, we will dispose of it securely, using specialist companies to do this work for us if necessary. Personal information is stored by us on computers located in the UK. We may also store information in paper files. We may transfer personal information to reputable third-party organisations situated inside or outside the European Economic Area. These organisations are required to safeguard personal information pursuant to their contractual obligations or participation in international data transfer mechanisms including the US-EU Privacy Shield framework. Solaris radio reserves the right to retain data for a maximum of 10 years from collection.
- Cyber Security Policy All data held by Solaris radio is handled with strict security, we are committed to protecting your data both on and offline as a result we have implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or theft of your data. We review our Cyber Security procedures on a regular basis, all personal information is stored on password protected computers based in the United Kingdom or on secure web-based systems using SSL encryption. The internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Solaris Radio shall not be responsible for unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent that we are required to accept such responsibility under the Data Protection Act 1998. When we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, we ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be transferred with the correct protection in place, as stated UK law. For more information on our current Cyber Security procedures please contact us at email@example.com
- Data Request Policy Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to see what information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any changes that you consider necessary to make the information accurate. You have the right at any time to request that Solaris radio stops using your data, You may request access to the personal information we hold about you. Data Complaints: We endeavour to respond to you within 30 days from receipt of your correspondence related to privacy matters. However, you have the right to contact the data protection supervisory authority to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Data Access: You have the right to request us to provide you details of the personal information we hold about you. Data Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct our records if you believe they contain incorrect or incomplete information about you. Data Erasure: You have the right to erasure (deletion), without undue delay, of your personal information for which you later withdraw your consent to processing, or when it is no longer needed for purpose it was originally collected. Data Processing Restrictions: You have the right to temporarily restrict our processing of your personal information if: you contest the accuracy of your personal information; you prefer we restrict its use rather than erase it; you need it to be
preserved to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim; whilst you are verifying whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. You have the right to be informed before we lift the processing restriction. Data Portability: You have the right to ask us to provide you (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format without hindrance) personal information about you that we have which you had provided to us. You may ask us to transmit it directly to another controller if it is technically feasible. If you would like to submit a request please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Solaris radio will endeavour to respond within 30 days of the request being made.
settings. If you remove Solaris radio app from your Facebook and or Google settings, we will no longer have access to this information.